The following information provides the history and objectives of the HomeCare Association of Arkansas.
The HomeCare Association of Arkansas (HCAA) was founded in 1981 with the support of the Arkansas Hospital Association. The Association operates within 7 districts to better serve the needs of agencies throughout the state.
The objectives of HCAA are:
- To provide opportunities for the training, education and continuing development of directors, staff, and board members or member organizations and others legitimately interested in the provision of home care or other community health services.
- To develop new techniques and approaches in both health care and administrative practices useful to home care organizations.
- To facilitate communication and cooperating between certified organizations and fiscal intermediaries.
- To serve as a central resource for interaction with other state, local, and national groups and organizations which influence or affect home care or other community health services to the extent permitted by law.
- To keep abreast of governmental activities and proposed legislation, national and state, which affect home care or other community health services and to recommend and/or to take appropriate action.